Single Point of Access (SPA)
What is the Single Point of Access (SPA)?
Our Single Point of Access (SPA) is the key point of contact for children, young people, families, GPs and health and social care professionals to access advice and support from Lancashire Healthy Young People and Families Service. We have a single telephone number (0300 247 0040) and email address email@example.com (for all queries and requests for support. The service is open from 9am-5pm, Monday-Friday.
How can the SPA help you?
We have a dedicated team of customer-focused administrators who will provide advice and support on:
- The services that we offer
- Criteria for accessing our services
- Other organisations available in Lancashire that may be able to help you
- Guidance on the referral process
- Managing appointments
The SPA is supported by a team of experienced duty health visitors and school nurses representing our services who will:
- Provide clinical advice over the phone for families and referrers
- Signpost to other appropriate services
Your duty health visitors or school nurse will endeavour to contact you within 24 hours from you placing your call with SPA.
If your call is urgent, please call 111 for advice. Out of hours your local pharmacy can also assist with minor ailments.