Health – Dental, Eyesight, Hearing, First Aid
Dentist – If you would like to register your child with an NHS dentist, please click to contact the NHS Dental Helpline or telephone 0300 1234010 – The Helpline is open Monday to Friday 8.00am – 9.00pm, Saturday, Sunday and Bank Holidays 9.00 am – 5.00 pm.
Supporting Dental Health – Hints and tips for supporting your child with their dental health.
- Supervise your child while brushing their teeth until at least 7 years of age.
- Toothpaste should contain fluoride level of 1350-1500ppm for over 3’s
- Gently brush both teeth and gums.
- Spit out after brushing but do not rinse.
- Brush before bed and in the morning.
- Limit sugary and acidic foods to mealtimes and avoid sugary drinks between meals.
- Give lots of encouragement and praise!!
Eyesight – The School Health Team does not routinely test pupil’s vision and we recommend that your son/daughter access an Optician for a vision test if you or your son/daughter has any concerns regarding their vision.
Hearing – Should you have a concern regarding your child’s hearing please contact us at your earliest convenience and this can be discussed further in order for any further referral to be completed.
First Aid –
Lancashire residents can access a FREE First Aid course that covers adults, children and babies